- Region: Kullu – Manali, Lahul Valley
- Season: Mid June to End of September
- Duration: 04 days
- Season: Mid May to End of October
One of the most delightful treks in the region. This trip affords views of lush green valley’s towering snow clad mountains and barren hills with surrealistic forms and shapes. Leaving the Manali (Kullu valley), the trek proceeds through evergreen cool forests of walnut, oak and the accession alder. The views of the entire Kullu valley are excellent and are glimpsed all along the trail. Trek through breath-taking landscape, through the meadow, where shepherds herd their buffalo and graze their sheep during summer and Monsoon Season.
Once atop the Hampta pass (4268 Mts.), other spectacular panoramas of peaks and glaciers appear. Trek to the other side of the Pass, in the Chandra Valley, along the Chandra River offers incredible view. This whole region is a typical Himalayan Alpine Zone as high summits surrounds the valley.
- Day 01: 13/08/2016 – Manali to Jobdi drive (2650 mts.) 2 hrs. further trek to Chhikka (02 hrs.) Overnight in Camp.
- Day 02: 14/08/2016 – Chhikka – Balu ka Ghera (3200 mts.) 5 hrs.
- Day 03: 15/08/2016 – Balu ka Ghera – Over Hampta Pass (4270 mts.) to Shela Gohru 4-5 hrs.
- Day 04: 16/08/2016 – Shela Gohru to Chhatru (3350 mts) 4 hrs trek and further drive to Manali (2150 Mts.) over Rohtang Pass (3978 Mts.) 4-5 hrs. Overnight in hotel in Manali.
- Day 05: 17/08/2016 – Manali to Delhi drive (13-14 Hrs.)
What to bring for the trek:
Good Warm internal clothing (woolen and fleece, thermals), water proof and wind proof clothing/ Rain Coat, Comfortable hiking boots with good resistance against the snow and water with a good grip, haversack, sandals, walking sticks, gaiters , woolen/tennis socks (quite a few pairs) and stocking, gloves, cap, sunglasses (very important) , Sunscreen lotion, day sack, camera and binocular (OPTIONAL), water bottle, torch and batteries, though the water is very clean and pure and we do provide boiled water once you are in trek still in order to be extra careful you can get few chlorine pills as mountain water is supposed to be hard.
Note – Please note that, slight alterations and extensions can be done in the itinerary following the conditions, subjected to weather, condition of the trail and physical fitness of the clients.