Himalayan Adventurers has been an active promoter for community based activities in the region. We have sponsored and facilitated several community works to enhance rural education and upliftment of children and education system in the region. Well known amongst our clients from overseas, we offer a multi purpose activity that serves as an educational cum social activity for all.
Community Project with Trekking and Outdoor Camping
- Duration : Up to 10 Days.
- Region : Mostly villages in Kullu Manikaran region.
Detailed Program for 2015-16
- Day 01: Arrival Manali – Spend the day exploring this mountain Shangri-la, which sits at the foot of the 3,978mts high Rohtang Pass. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 02: Day to sightseeing and explore the surrounding area of Manali. Trek briefing in the evening. Overnight at Hotel
Trekking Starts :
- Day 03: Manali – Jana drive via Naggar (35 km) and trek to Tondla Village (2250 mts) 4-5 hrs trek from Jana: – Camp in the forest above the village. This Village has a Primary school. The group would spend next 4 days in this Village doing community services. Camp
- Day 04: Community Project will be at Tondla Village primary School where the Team would make some furniture for the School with the help of the locals, renovate the doors and windows and also paint the School building. Camp
- Day 05: Community Project – The Team would also have the opportunity to assist the School staff with teaching and playing games and activities with the School children. Camp
- Day 06: Community Project – The Team would again today assist the School staff with teaching and playing games and activities with the School children. While at the project, we would oversee the Team and organise all food for the group. Camp
- Day 07: Complete all project work and have farewell night with Community. Donations that would be useful at the project include clothing, t-shirts, blankets and cash for improved food at the home. Camp
- Day 08: Trek from Tondla to Matikochhar (2590 mts) approx 4 hrs: – Retrace your steps back to the main trail and then walk through Himalayan pine and deciduous forest to Matikochar where there are great views of the adjoining mountain peaks. Camp
- Day 09: Trek to Bijli Mahadev (2460 mts) approx 4 hrs: – Today is a Gradual walk through Kais wildlife sanctuary which leads to a temple of Lord Shiva. From the camp you will enjoy views of the twin valleys, Beas and Parvati, drive to Manali. O/N in Hotel
- Day 10: Manali – Delhi by Bus